Please click on the options on the left to view each section:
DATE/PLACE OF BIRTH:
1960, South Africa
British and South African
General Medical Council, United Kingdom.
(Membership # 3378841)
British Association Urological Specialists:
Section : Oncology
South African Medical and Dental Council
(Membership # MP0291927)
British Medical Association
Medical Protection Society
(Membership# SA 16311)
I was born in South Africa and was educated there. I schooled at Diocesan college Rondebosch ( Bishops) and did undergraduate training at the University of Stellenbosch. Post graduate training in Urology was commenced King Edward Hospital in Durban and completed at Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town.
Whilst training in the South African medical system the experience was considerable and I was privileged to develop the surgical skills and experience typical of a Third World environment.
The same can be said for my subsequent two years National Service period of which six months were spent in action in the war in Angola and 18 months in Mission Hospitals in remote areas in Natal, South Africa.
I dealt with considerable renal pathology which formed the basis of my subsequent interest in renal surgery. The case mix was varied including extensive blunt and penetrating (sharp and gun shot) trauma, cancer and congenital abnormalities. I also dealt with hundreds of cases of Bilharzia and TB which enhanced my expertise in reconstructive surgery considerably.
After qualifying in 1996 in South Africa as an Urologist I came to the United Kingdom where I did a year as a Registrar at St. George's Hospital, Charing Cross Hospital and the Institute of Urology. I spent a subsequent six months as a Locum Consultant at Whipps Cross and subsequently a further six months as a Locum Consultant at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge.
I commenced my full time Consultant post at St George's Hospital in July 1999.I soon began developing a tertiary referral practise for Renal conditions, particularly cancer. I specialised particularly in partial nephrectomy (tumour removal with sparing of normal kidney.) and subsequently laparoscopy.
In 2000 I commenced training in laparoscopy ( keyhole surgery) for renal conditions . This took me on fellowships to Cleveland clinic, Ohio; and Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami.
In 2003 I trained in laparoscopy for prostate cancer in a fellowship under the auspices of Prof Stolzenburg in Leipzig who is a particular world expert in the field. I have performed laparoscopic radical prostatectomy routinely since then.
In 2004 I introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy to the UK by performing the first cases at the Cromwell hospital. I have since then developed this further at St George's hospital and have one of the biggest personal series in the UK.
In 2005 I applied my laparoscopic skills to the field of Robotic surgery. I had done a fellowship a few years earlier at the world renowned Robotic centre at the Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit .This acted as a platform to be mentored under their auspices and together with other colleagues we developed the robotic unit at the London Clinic.
In the context of surgery for early stage prostate cancer. I began with Open surgical experience; commenced Laparoscopic prostatectomy in 2003 and finally moved on to the Robotic approach in 2005 .It is not very common for an individual to have experienced that transition and I feel it has equipped me very well technically and also in my understanding of the nuances between the approaches. I have been one of the early adopters in using the robotic technique for renal surgery and have specialized particularly in managing small kidney tumours by partial nephrectomy. I routinely perform total kidney removal (nephrectomy) as well as other renal surgery either laparoscopically or robotically where appropriate.
I have built up a leading renal cancer unit at St George's hospital and have had numerous presentations of outcomes at International conferences. I have also been a regular faculty member and speaker at such meetings for both Renal and Prostate cancer.
1966 - 1978
Diocesan College, Rondebosch,
Cape Town, South Africa
1979 - 1985
University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
University of Cape Town
Registrar in urology.
SA Medical Services
Home Unit 1997-1999
Naval Base, Salisbury Island, Durban, South Africa
Six months Active Service (Angolan operations)working in division of Chief of Staff Intelligence
Service Medal for commendation of services rendered on active duty.
Registration as Urological Specialist in UK
General Medical Council
Intercollegiate Board in Urology FRCS (Urol)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Accreditation/Registration as Urological Specialist in SA
South African College of Medicine
Department of Surgery
University of Cape Town
Underwater Medicine Diploma
South African Navy
University of Stellenbosch
Appointed Consultant Urologist St Georges Hospital in Laparoscopic Urology, Oncology and Andrology
Locum Consultant Urology
Whipps Cross Hospital (6 months)
Locum Consultant Urology
Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge (6 months)
Higher Surgical Trainee (Urology)
Charing Cross Hospital (3 months)
Higher Surgical Trainee (Urology)
Institute of Urology (3 months)
Higher Surgical Trainee (Urology)
St George's Hospital London (6 months)
1993 - 1996
Registrar of Urology Training Programme (4 Years)
Department of Urology, Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town
Registrar in General Surgery: (1 Year)
Department of Surgery, Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town
(6/12 trauma surgery; 3/12 transplant surgery; 3/12 intensive care)
1990 and 1991
Senior House Officer in Anaesthetics: (18 months)
Locum Registrar, general Surgery
St Albans Hospital, Herts, United Kingdom
1989 and 1990
Registrar in Urology: (18 months)
King Edward VIII Hospital, Natal University, South Africa
1987 and 1988
Medical Officer in General Surgery: (2 Years)
South African Defence Force
Intern: (1 Year)
Edendale Hospital, Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
- Anderson CJ (1983). The effectiveness of the Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases by the Local Authorities of the Western Cape. South African Medical Journal, 64(15): 586-588, 1983 October 1. (Received 1983 Medical Association of South Africa year medal for "Best publication in SAMJ by a medical student").
- Anderson CJ (1984). VD - a growing problem. South African Medical Journal, 65(10): 363-4, 1984 March 10.
- Anderson CJ (1998). Kirby RS. Haematospermia. Update
- Anderson CJ (Sept 2000). PSA Dilemmas. The Practitioner Vol. 224: 739-741.
- Anderson CJ (Dec 2000). Prostate Biopsy Strategies in the United Kingdom. Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases Vol3 Supplement 1.
- Anderson CJ, Eddy B (Dec 2002). Managing Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. The Practitioner Vol. 246: 812-820
- Havranek EG, Anderson CJ (July 2003). Diagnosis and Management of Renal Cancer. Trends in Urology, Gynaecology and Sexual Health. Vol. 8 No 4; 16-19
- Anderson CJ (April 2004) Havranek EG. Minimally invasive ablative techniques in renal cancer. BJUInt Vol. 93 (6); 707-709
- Stolzenburg JU, Schwaibold H, Bhanot S, Rabenalt R, Do M, Truss M, Ho K, Anderson CJ. Modular surgical training for Endoscopic Extraperitoneal Radical Prostatectomy (EERPE). BJUInt 2005 96:1022-1027
- Stolzenburg JU, Anderson CJ, Rabenalt R, Do M, Ho K, Truss M, World J Urol (2005), Sep: 23(4):295-9. Endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy in patients with prostate cancer and previous laparoscopic inguinal mesh placement for hernia repair.
- Leung S, McNeill A, Bollina P, Anderson CJ, Stolzenburg J-U ( July 2006). Training for and setting up a programme of laparoscopic (endoscopic) radical prostatectomy. Urology News Vol. 10,no 5
- Swallow T, Anderson CJ (2006). Renal cancer, the current scenario. Cancer Topics. Vol. 12, no 6; 9-12
- Swallow T, Anderson CJ, (2006). PDE5I help climbers achieve new heights, BJUInt 97 (4) 672-3
- Borley NC, O'Donnel A, Anderson CJ (Oct 2006). Inadequacies in funding for the cost of Nephrectomies in a tertiary referral centre in the UK. BJUInt; 98;(4) 722-4
- Goldstraw M, Anderson CJ, Patil K, Dasgupta P, Kirby R (Oct 2006). Does robotically assisted Radical Prostatectomy result in better preservation of erectile function. BJUInt 98; ( 4)721-2
- Keeley F, Winkler MH, Anderson CJ, Rabenalt R, Mc Neill SA, Schwaibold H, Stolzenburg JU Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy in the UK: defining and overcoming the obstacles. BJU Int 2007 Nov;100(5):979-81.
- Kommu S, Rimington P, Anderson CJ, Rane A (Jan 2007). Initial experience with Endoassist camera holding robot in laparoscopic urological surgery. Journal of Robotic surgery (2007);1;133-137
- Havranek EG, Labarthe M-C, Ward S, Anderson CJ, Whelan MA, Pandha H. A novel murine model of allogeneic vaccination against renal cancer Accepted for publication BJUI-2007-0956
- Dasgupta P, Anderson CJ, Patil K, Kirby R. Transition from open to robotic assisted radical prostatectomy. Accept Online Early - BJU-2007-1178
- Sashi S. Kommu, Prasanna Sooriakumaran, Ben Eddy, Joanne Cooke, Christian Brown, Peter Rimington, Chris Anderson, Abhay Rane Factors leading to failure of the self locking vascular clips : preliminary findings of the WPU- Simisad Group. BJU International Vol. 101 Issue 1 Page 129 January 2008
- Swallow T, Anderson CJ. Modern management of renal cancer. Trends in Urology, Gynaecology and Sexual Health .Vol 13 Issue 5 September/October 2008.
- Portsite metastases after Laparoscopic Surgery :what causes them and what can be done to reduce their incidence. Sooriakumaran P, Komm SS, Anderson CJ, Rane A.BJU INT; 2009; May;103(9) :1150-53 .
- Single Port "Scarless" Laparoscopic Nephrectomies :the United Kingdom Experience.
Rane A, Ahmed S, Komm S, Anderson C, Rimington P. BJU INT ;2009; July;104 (2) :230- 33
- Laparoscopic Extirpative Renal Surgery in the Octogenarian Population. Magrill D, Yap T, Durrant C, Anderson C, Rimington P, Rane A. J Endourol.Vol 23, Number 9 ; Sept 2009 :1499-1502
- Perioperative Morbidity of Laparoscopic Cryoablation of small renal masses with ultrathin probes: a European experience. Laguna MP, Beemster P, Kumar V, Klinger C, Wyler S, Anderson C, Keeley F, Bachmann A, Riya J, Mamoulakis L, Marberger M, de la Rosette JJ. European Urology 2009; 3041;1-8
- Radiological Evaluation, management, and surveillance of renal masses in Von Hippel Lindau Disease.Review Article . Meister M, Choyke P, Anderson C, Patel U. Clin Radiol (2009) 64; 589-600.
- Angiomyolipomata :challenges, solutions, and future prospects based on over 100 cases treated. Sooriakumaran P, Gibbs P, Coughlin G, Attard V, Elmslie F, Kingswood C , Taylor J, Corbishley C , Patel U , Anderson C. BJU INT 2009;June (2) ( EPUB)
- Closing the deal: Renorrhaphy during laparoscopic and robotic partial nephrectomy. Ghani KR , Anderson CJ . Accept Online Early - BJU-2011-0392 .
- Is robotic technology facilitating the minimally invasive approach to partial nephrectomy?. Dev HS, Sooriakumaran P , Stolzenburg J-U and Anderson CJ. Accept Online Early - BJU-2011-0174.R
Abstracts: International Conference Presentations:
- Havranek EG, Anderson CJ (2003), Editors Kirby, O'Leary M: Future prospects for nephron conservation in renal cell carcinoma. Chapter 18: Hot Topics in Urology. Elsevier 2003. p227-238
- Anderson CJ, Liatsikos EN, Stolzenburg J-U. (2007): Radical prostatectomy; Editors Kirby. Montorsi, Gontero. Chapter: Extraperitoneal laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
- Dasgupta P, Anderson CJ, Patil K, Kirby R. (2007) Radical Prostatectomy; Editors Kirby, Montorsi, Gontero. Chapter; Robotic prostatectomy.
- Liatsikos EN, Kallidonis P, Kirby R. Stolzenburg J-U, Anderson CJ. Editor: Dasgupta P Urologic Robotic surgery in clinical practice. Chapter : Comparison of robotic, laparoscopic and open prostatectomy
- Stolzenburg J-U, Anderson CJ, Liatsikos E . Endoscopic Extraperitoneal Radical Prostatectomy. Editor :Stolzenburg J-U(2010) ; Chapter 12 . Modular training in EERP.
- Stolzenburg J-U, Turk I, Liatsikos E. Laparoscopic and Robot assisted Surgery in Urology.(2011) Coauthor of 6 Chapters: 1.4.1;1.4.2;1.11;3.3;3.12.1;3.12.2 .
Abstracts: Regional Meetings:
- Anderson CJ, Grizic A (1990). Urethral Pressure Profilometry in Genuine Stress Incontinence. Biennial Urological Congress of South Africa.
- Anderson CJ (1994). Bilateral Orchidectomy in Treatment of Acute Urinary Retention in Carcinoma of the Prostate. Biennial Urological Congress of South Africa.
- Naude J, Anderson CJ (1994). Endoscopic Skin Graft Urethroplasty in Traumatic Rupture of the Urethra. Soci�t� Internationale d'Urologie, Sydney, Australia.
- Anderson CJ (1995). Micropenis - Current Trends in Investigation and Management. Urological Forum of South Africa. Pretoria
- Anderson CJ, Bolus MGM (1996). Intravesical Gentamicin in Spina Bifida. Biennial Urological Congress of South Africa.
- Anderson CJ (1997), Naude JH, Popert R. Bioresorbable stent in urethral stricture Soci�t� Internationale d'Urologie Montreal Canada.
- Ran� A, Anderson CJ, Shrotri N, V Srinivasan V, Dasgupta P: (November 2002)
'Hand assisted laparoscopy: the first 59 cases'. BAUS Section of Endourology, Edinburgh,
- Havranek EG, Corbishley C, Shah D, Pandha H, Anderson CJ (Sep2003). A histopathological review of renal cancer. 5th World Congress on Urological Research, London
- Havranek EG, Whelan M, Thraves P, Anderson CJ (2003), Pandha H: Allogenic whole cell vaccine against renal cell carcinoma. A novel murine C-57 protection model. 5th World Congress on Urological Research, London
- Havranek EG, Whelan M, Whelan J, Dalgleish A, Anderson CJ (2003), Pandha H: Interleukin 10 polymorphism may influence renal cell cancer development. Brit. J. Cancer 2003; 88 suppl 1); S44 .5th World Congress on Urological Research, London
- Havranek EG, Whelan M, Whelan J, Dalgleish A, Anderson CJ (2003), Pandha H: Interleukin 10 polymorphism may be associated with renal cell cancer. Journal of Urology 2003; 169 (4); 203, American Urological Association, Chicago
- Havranek EG, Whelan M, Whelan J, Dalgleish A, Anderson CJ (2003), Pandha H: Interleukin 10 polymorphism may influence renal cancer development. Brit.J. Cancer 2003; 88(suppl 1 ); S44 British Cancer Research Meeting, Bournemouth
- Ran� A, Anderson CJ, Shrotri N, Srinivasan N, Dasgupta P (September 2003)
'A training module for laparoscopic urology'. World Congress of Endorology, Montreal,
- Ran� A, Devcich G, Anderson CJ, Shrotri N, Srinivasan N, Dasgupta P (September 2003) 'HAL nephrectomy: has it stood the test of time?'. World Congress of Endorology, Montreal
- Ran� A, Anderson CJ, Shrotri N, Srinivasan V, Dasgupta P (September 2003) 'Experience with three second generation hand assist devices (HADs) for urological surgery in the United Kingdom'. World Congress of Endorology, Montreal
- Ran� A, Anderson CJ, Shrotri N, Srinivasan V, Dasgupta P (September 2003)
'Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for renal cell cancer: initial experience'. World Congress of Endorology, Montreal
- Ran� A, Rimington P, Anderson CJ, Shrotri N, Hrouda D, Dasgupta P (September 2003)
'Laparoscopic urology: The Southern Laparoscopic urology Group (SLUG) experience'
World Congress of Endorology, Montreal
- Ran� A, Anderson CJ, Shrotri N, Srinivasan V, Dasgupta P (2003)
'Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for renal cancer: initial experience'. BAUS, Manchester
- Havranek E, Desel C, Pandha H, Dalgleish A, Anderson CJ, Whelan M (August 2003): Progress in Vaccination against Cancer (PIVAC), Oxford
- Havranek EG, Whelan M, Thraves P, Anderson CJ (2004), Pandha H: Allogenic whole cell vaccine against renal cell carcinoma. A novel murine C-57 protection model. Journal of Urology 2004;171(4);1024. American Urological Association
- Morgan B, Havranek E, Pandha H, Anderson CJ, Corbishley C, Pathol J (2004); 204; Suppl 5A Immunohistochemical subtyping of renal cortical tumours
- Havranek EG, Anderson CJ, Henderson S, Bailey MJ: A time saving, user friendly, multidisciplinary team meeting (MDT) database BJU Int. 2004; 93(4); 114. BAUS Annual meeting.
- Havranek EG, Whelan M, Desel C, Anderson CJ, Pandha H. Novel allogeneic whole cell vaccine protects against renal carcinoma: BJU Int. 2004; 93(4); 82. BAUS annual meeting
- Havranek EG, Whelan M, Whelan J, Dalgleish A, Anderson CJ (2004), Pandha H:
Interleukin-10 and renal cancer. European Urology Suppl (3)2004; 3(2); 712. European Association of Urology
- Ran� A, Gurun M, Srinivasan V, Anderson CJ, Dasgupta P (November 2004)
'Experience with three second generation hand assist devices (HADs) for urological surgery in the United Kingdom'. World Congress of Endourology, Mumbai
- Ran� A, Gurun M, Srinivasan V, Anderson CJ, Mamode N, Dasgupta P (November 2004)
'Hand assistance does not preclude development of pure laparoscopic skills in the novice'. World Congress of Endourology, Mumbai
- Ran� A, Rimington P, Anderson CJ, Dasgupta P (November 2004) 'Training in laparoscopic urology: do we get out what we put in?'. World Congress of Endourology, Mumbai
- Morgan B, Havranek E, Pandha H, Anderson CJ, Corbishley C. "Immunohistochemical sub typing of renal cortical tumours." Presented by Morgan B Joint meeting of Pathological Society of Great Britain, Ireland & Holland. Amsterdam 2004.
- Havranek EG, Howell WM, Fussell HM, Anderson CJ, Whelan MA, Pandha HP (June 2005). An interleukin-10 promoter may influence tumour development in renal cell carcinoma: BJUInt .2005; 95; Suppl 5; 67. BAUS, Glasgow
- Havranek EG, Howell WM, Fussell HM, Anderson CJ, Whelan MA, Pandha HP. An interleukin-10 promoter may influence tumour development in renal cell carcinoma.: BJU Int. 2005; 95; Suppl 5; 67. BAUS Glasgow
- Havranek EG, Day O, Anderson CJ, Pope A, Patel A. Local MDT structure determines whether data entry into MDT database can be in real-time during meeting or afterwards. BAUS, Manchester 2006
- Rane A, Rimington P, Anderson CJ (Nov 2006). Initial experience with Endoassist camera holding robot in laparoscopic urological surgery. Societe Internationale d' Urologie. Cape Town
- Gibbs P, Davies M, Coughlin G, Patel U, Hogdson S, Anderson CJ (June 2007). Management of Angiomyolipoma (AML) in a single centre . BAUS Glasgow
- Swallow T, Patel U, Corbishley C, Anderson CJ ( June 2007) Open Partial nephrectomy - the experience of a single South London centre. BAUS Glasgow
- B A Eddy, A Birnie, G Coughlin, A Rane, C J Anderson.( October2007) Laparoscopic Cryotherapy for T1 Renal Tumours. Initial UK Results. World congress of Endourology , Cancun Mexico.
- P Sooriakumaran, P Gibbs, C Kingswood, J Taylor, U Patel, C Anderson The management of over 100 angiomyolipomata at a single UK institution over a ten-year period. BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2009
- AJ Symes, D Magrill, A Rane, C Corbishley, U Patel, CJ Anderson Radiofrequency assisted partial nephrectomy without hilar clamping; a novel technique using the HABIB 4x t. BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2009
- V Kumar, N Barber, S Sriprasad, N Fenn, C Anderson, F Keeley Laparoscopically assisted renal cryoablation for small renal tumours: first UK multicentre report. BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2009
- J Nariculam, U Patel, C Corbishley, PJ Le Roux, A Rane, CJ Anderson Laparoscopic cryotherapy for T1 renal tumours: a single centre experience 2004�2008. BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2009.
- JJ Ord, D Magil, P Le Roux, U Patel, C Corbishley, C Anderson Comparing eGFR changes in partial nephrectomy (PN), cryoablation (CA) and radiofrequency ablation (RFA) - a single centre experience. BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2009
- J Nariculam, J Taylor, C Corbishley, U Patel, PJ Le Roux, CJ Anderson The multimodality management of small renal tumours - a single centre experience of 150 cases. BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2009.
- DS Magrill, J Nariculam, A Eappen, P LeRoux, MJA Perry, CJ Anderson Initiating a multi-procedural robotic service; lessons learned in a teaching hospital setting. BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2009
- Issa R, Le Roux P, Anderson C. Laparoscopic Cryotherapy for T1 Renal Tumours, Single Centre Experience 2004 � 2009. 3rd World Congress on Controversies in Urology, Feb 2010
- Issa R, Le Roux P, Anderson C. Clampless Partial Nephrectomy with Radiofrequency assisted ablation: promising new approach? 3rd World Congress on Controversies in Urology, Feb 2010
- Issa R , Perry M, Anderson C. Establishing a viable Robotic Service: one year experience of the challenges! BAUS Section of Endourology Annual Meeting, Apr 2010 BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2010.
- Issa R, Le Roux P, Anderson C. Expanding the indications of partial nephrectomy - comparing Central and Peripheral lesions in elective and imperative nephron sparing. BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2010.
- Issa R, Le Roux P, Anderson C. The impact of Partial Nephrectomy on renal function: how much is lost? BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2010
- Anderson C, Issa R, Le Roux P. Clampless Partial Nephrectomy with Radiofrequency assisted ablation: promising new approach? BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2010.
- Anderson C, Ivaz S Issa R, Le Roux P .Comparing Cryotherapy and Radiofrequency Ablation for small renal masses: are they equivalent? BAUS Annual Meeting, Jun 2010
- La-Touche S , Issa R, Le Roux P, Anderson C Laparoscopic Nephrectomy Vs Hand Assisted Laparoscopic Nephrectomy: comparing selection and outcomes. EAU 4th North Eastern European Meeting, Sep 2010
- Bulgeri M, Issa R, Le Roux P, Anderson C. Change in eGFR post nephrectomy: is it predictable? EAU 4th North Eastern European Meeting, Sep 2010
- Issa R , Perry M, Anderson C. Establishing a viable Robotic Service: a prospective evaluation of the challenges. The 7th European Robotic Urology Symposium (ERUS), Sep 2010
- Issa R , Perry M, Anderson C. Moving from transperitoneal to extraperitoneal Robotic Assisted Radical Prostatectomy (RALP): Challenges and solutions. The 7th European Robotic Urology Symposium (ERUS), Sep 2010
- Hussein K ,Issa R , Perry M, Anderson C. Think outside the box: extraperitoneal Robotic Assisted Radical Prostatectomy (RALP), challenges, solutions and benefits The 4th World Congress on Controversies in Urology, Jan 2011
- Hussein K ,Issa R , Perry M, Anderson C. Size � does it matter (In robot assisted prostatectomy)? The 4th World Congress on Controversies in Urology, Jan 2011
- Issa R, Drinnan N, van Zyl M, Ghani KR, Perry MJA , Anderson CJ. Avoiding the transperitoneal detour : Extraperitoneal approach to Robotic prostatectomy. Inaugural International Prostate Cancer Symposium, at Weill Cornell Medical College and the New York Academy of Medicine on May 10-12, 2011
- Issa R, Ghani K, Mukhtar S, Alnajjar H, Perry MJA and Anderson C. Complexities of the learning curve in robotic prostatectomy: how intuitive is intuitive? Inaugural International Prostate Cancer Symposium, at Weill Cornell Medical College and the New York Academy of Medicine on May 10-12, 2011
- Drinnan NRT, Ghani KR, Patel U, Pilcher J, Corbishley C, Anderson CJ. The renaissance of renal biopsy creates a welcome diagnostic tool in our management of renal tumours .BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2011
- Ghani KR, Issa R, Liban B, Corbishley C, Patel U, Anderson CJ. Cryoablation for small renal masses: a single centre experience 2004-2010. BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2011
- Durrant J, Alnajjar HM, Ghani K, Mukhtar S ,Patel U , Anderson CJ. Addressing the complexity of managing renal Angiomyolipomata :how effective is embolisation? BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2011
- Fernanado AS , Ghani KR, Issa R , Heenan S, le Roux PJ, Anderson CJ. Is routine diuresis renography indicated after pyeloplasty ? BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2011."Best of BAUS poster in upper tract disorders section."
- Alnajjar HM, Durrant J, Moore M ,Gonzalves M, Patel U, Anderson CJ. An evaluation of the indications and outcomes of renal embolisation in different settings. BAUS Annual Meeting, June 2011
- Anderson CJ. (1998) Synchronous vs. Non synchronous I.C.S.I. in vasal aplasia. British Fertility Society Sheffield. April
- Havranek EG, Taylor C, Liban B, Newman P, Bailey M, Anderson CJ (2001): An audit of Nephrectomies and their postoperative management. Regional Audit Meeting, South Thames Region, St George's Hospital, London.
- Havranek EG, Corbishley C, Pandha H, Anderson CJ (1990-2002) : An audit of renal cancer histology and patient survival at St George's. Regional Audit Meeting, South Thames Region, King's Hospital, London
- Havranek EG, Anderson CJ (August 2003): An allogenic whole cell vaccine against renal cell carcinoma. PIV AC, Oxford
- Havranek EG, Anderson CJ (December 2003): Is frozen section necessary in partial nephrectomy? Royal Society of Medicine
- Havranek E, Hadway P, Wadhwa V, Shah D, Patel K, Corbishley C, Anderson CJ (October 2003). Outcome of surgery for renal adenocarcinoma at St. George's Hospital - the last 12 years). South Thames Regional Meeting, Guy's Hospital, London
- Havranek E, Henderson S, Anderson CJ, Bailey M (Oct 2003). Multidisciplinary Team Meeting Database Regional Meeting, Guy's Hospital, London
- Havranek E, Henderson S, Anderson CJ, Bailey (January 2004). A user-friendly and timesaving multidisciplinary team meeting (MDT) database. Local cancer network meeting, Royal Marsden
- Gibbs P, Davies M, Coughlin G, Patel U, Hogdson S, Anderson CJ (Oct 2006). Management of Angiomyolipoma (AML) in a single centre (2nd Prize). South Thames Regional Meeting
- Eddy B, Anderson, CJ (Oct 2006). Renal Cryotherapy - initial experience (1st Prize). South Thames Regional Meeting.
- Ghani K, Issa R , Perry M, Anderson C. Think outside the peritoneum! Advantages of Extraperitoneal Robotic Prostatectomy Winter short papers meeting, The Royal Society of Medicine, Nov 2010
- British Urological Foundation Fellowship to Urological Oncology Unit, Miami University Hospital. April- May 2000.
- British Urological Foundation Fellowship to Renal Oncology Unit Cleveland Clinic ,Ohio November 2002
- Fellowship to Vatticuti Robotic Unit at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit November 2003.
- Fellowship to Laparoscopic Unit for Prostate Cancer, Leipzig January 2005.
- BAUS Renal Cancer Training course (April 2003) London
- BAUS Oncology : Lecture Minimally Invasive techniques in Renal Cancer.(Nov 2003)
- BAUS Renal Cancer Masterclass (April 2004) London
- Annual Basic Surgical skills course, Laparoscopic component, St Georges Hospital.(2001-2007)
- Lecturer annual MSC course Institute of Urology (2000-2007)
- Chairman session on Renal Cancer BAUS Conference 2005
- BAUS Advanced techniques in laparoscopic radical prostatectomy course.7-9th Feb 2007. University Leipzig, Germany. ( Feb 2007)
- Guest Speaker on Conference; Prostatic Paradigms for the 21St Century . Royal College Surgeons Edinburgh.16march 2007. "Robot or Human - who will prevail"
- Teaching course BAUS 2007 Glasgow : laparoscopic to robotic surgery.
- Teaching course BAUS 2007 Glasgow ; laparoscopic suturing skills.
- Biannual Laparoscopic training course for Renal surgery Aesculap Academy Tuttlingen Germany.(2002-2007)
- Invited speaker at Multidisciplinary Prostate Cancer Conference, Guernsey. March 2008.Topic: Current status of Robotic Radical Prostatectomy.
- Chairman of Live Broadcast of Robotic Prostatectomy: Robotic Surgery � recent success and future direction. March 2008 Institute of Mechanical engineers, London.
- Invited Speaker at Renal Cryoablation Workshop, Bristol 19 Sept 2008.
- Chairman.Recent Advances in Renal Cancer, 14-15th May 2009.Regents College London
- Invited speaker at 2nd International Workshop on Focal Therapy in Prostate and Kidney disease.Amsterdam 10-12th June 2009.Lecture : Radiofrequency assisted Partial Nephrectomy.
- Chairman .Renal Cancer session BAUS June 2009
- Invited speaker .Essential Pathology and Radiology for the FRCS Urol - October 2009. UCH London
- Invited speaker "Best clinical evidence for curative treatment of prostate cancer" - Turin, May 7, 2010.Lecture : Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy.
- Chairman .Renal laparoscopic session. BAUS Manchester June 2010.
- Invited speaker : "State of the art : Robotic Renal Surgery". Plenary session BAUS Manchester June 2010.
- Invited speaker and performance live surgery at Laparoscopic Prostatectomy Symposium Tygerberg hospital Cape Town 1st-3rd December 2010.
- Invited Speaker :Hands on Urological Robotic Training Course (HURT) UCH 9th Dec 2010.Lecture : Extraperitoneal robotic prostatectomy.
- Chairman and Speaker at 2ND National Conference "Renal and Bladder cancer 2011" 27th /28th January 2011 .Lectures; Management of small renal masses" and " Advances in Robotic surgery"
- Invited Speaker and Surgical Proctor at Laparoscopic Symposium Groote Schuur Hospital Cape Town 28th Feb � 3rd March 2011.
- Invited faculty member and speaker at Inaugural International Prostate Cancer Symposium, at Weill Cornell Medical College and the New York Academy of Medicine on May 10-12, 2011. Lectures : "Extraperitoneal Robotic Prostatectomy" ;and "Transition from Laparoscopy to Robotics".
- Invited faculty member and speaker and surgical moderator to Challenges in Laparoscopy and Robotics Conference Leipzig Germany June 10-12th 2011. Lecture "Robotic Partial Nephrectomy".
- Chairman and Lecturer : Urology Masterclass, Royal Society of Medicine, September 17th 2011 : Risk in Urological cancer :Screening , Diagnosis and Management .Lecture : "Risk in Renal Cancer : Early vs Late"